Hi,

I just set up an install server on my notebook and of course all the installer
data is on a ZFS volume. I love the "zfs compression=on" command!

It seems that the standard ./add_install_client script from the S10U2 Tools
directory creates an entry in /etc/vfstab for a loopback mount of the Solaris
miniroot into the /tftpboot directory.

Unfortunately, at boot time (I'm using Nevada build 39), the mount_all
script tries to mount the loopback mount from /vfstab before ZFS gets its
filesystems mounted.

So the SMF filesystem/local method fails and I have to either mount all ZFS
filesystems from hand, then re-run mount_all or replace the vfstab entry with
a simple symlink. Which only works until you say add_install_client the next
time.

Is this a known issue?

Best regards,
   Constantin

--
Constantin Gonzalez                            Sun Microsystems GmbH, Germany
Platform Technology Group, Client Solutions                http://www.sun.de/