>given that zfs always does copy-on-write for any updates, it's not
clear
>why this would necessarily degrade performance..

Writing should be no problem, as it is serialized... but when both
database instances are reading a lot of different blocks at the same
time, the spindles might "heat up".

>If you want a full copy you can use zfs send/zfs receive -- either
>within the same pool or between two different pools.

Ok. But then again, it might be necessary to throttle zfs send/receive
replication between pools. Otherwise the replication process might be
influencing the production environment performance too much. Or is there
already some kind of prioritization, that I have overlooked?

//Mika

# mv Disclaimer.txt /dev/null

This message is intended for the addressee only and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you
are not the intended receiver, any disclosure, copying
to any person or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on this e-mail, is prohibited and may be un-
lawful. You must therefore delete this e-mail.
Internet communications may not be secure or error-free
and may contain viruses. They may be subject to possible
data corruption, accidental or on purpose. This e-mail is
not and should not be construed as an offer or the
solicitation of an offer to purchase or subscribe or sell
or redeem any investments.