Hi there.

  I have a telco customer who has a home grown application which deals with
inter carrier sms. Basically all this application does is read an sms request
and write it to a queue.

  However that's lots and lots of very small reads and writes.

  They've done performance testing on a number of filesystems and have found
that "riserfs" performs best in this situation.

  Can anyone tell me if zfs would perform well under this kind of workload.

  Please respond direct as I'm not on this alias.

  many thanks,
  Mike

  --

Both read and write are to/from the filesystem here ?
No network involved ?

As stated this looks an ideal terrain for ZFS.

-r