Robert,

The patches will be available sometime late September. This may be a week or so before s10u3 actually releases.

Thanks,
George

Robert Milkowski wrote:
Hello eric,

Thursday, July 27, 2006, 4:34:16 AM, you wrote:

ek> Robert Milkowski wrote:

Hello George,

Wednesday, July 26, 2006, 7:27:04 AM, you wrote:

GW> Additionally, I've just putback the latest feature set and bugfixes GW> which will be part of s10u3_03. There were some additional performance
GW> fixes which may really benefit plus it will provide hot spares support.
GW> Once this build is available I would highly recommend that you guys take
GW> it for a spin (works great on Thumper).

I guess patches will be released first (or later).
Can you give actual BUG IDs especially those related to performance?

ek> For U3, these are the performance fixes:
ek> 6424554 full block re-writes need not read data in
ek> 6440499 zil should avoid txg_wait_synced() and use dmu_sync() to issue
ek> parallelIOs when fsyncing
ek> 6447377 ZFS prefetch is inconsistant
ek> 6373978 want to take lots of snapshots quickly ('zfs snapshot -r')

ek> you could perhaps include these two as well:
ek> 4034947 anon_swap_adjust() should call kmem_reap() if availrmem is low.
ek> 6416482 filebench oltp workload hangs in zfs

ok, thank you.
Do you know if patches for S10 will be released before U3?

ek> There won't be anything in U3 that isn't already in nevada...

I know that :)