Luke Lonergan wrote:
Torrey,

On 8/1/06 10:30 AM, "Torrey McMahon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://www.sun.com/storagetek/disk_systems/workgroup/3510/index.xml

Look at the specs page.

I did.

This is 8 trays, each with 14 disks and two active Fibre channel
attachments.

That means that 14 disks, each with a platter rate of 80MB/s will be driven
over a 400MB/s pair of Fibre Channel connections, a slowdown of almost 3 to
1.

This is probably the most expensive, least efficient way to get disk
bandwidth available to customers.

Luke - I think you have latched on to a comparison of Thumper to a 3510. With the exception of my note concerning blanket blanket statements and assumptions I've been referring to the original question and subject of comparing the performance of 3510 JBOD to 3510RAID.