I'm with ya on that one. I'd even go so far as to change "single parity RAID" to "single parity block". The talk of RAID throws people off pretty easily especially when you start layering ZFS on top of things other then a JBOD.

Eric Schrock wrote:
I don't see why you would distinguish between single-level and multiple
levels.  ZFS pools are always dynamically striped, I don't see why you'd
call out the degenerate case of single toplevel vdev as anything
special.  I would use simple terminology:

        Unreplicated
        Mirrored
        Single Parity RAID
        Double Parity RAID

If people need to correlate this with traditional terminology (RAID-0,
etc), then it could be placed in parentheses.  But it makes more sense
to take dynamic striping as a fact of life, and not differentiate a
single mirror from two mirrors, etc.

- Eric