Hello Neil,

NP> Robert Milkowski wrote:
>> Hello Matthew,
>>
>> Thursday, August 10, 2006, 6:55:41 PM, you wrote:

>> MA> We actually do exactly that for larger (>32k) blocks.
>>
>> Why such limit (32k)?

NP> By experimentation that was the cutoff where it was found to be
NP> more efficient. It was recently reduced from 64K with a more
NP> efficient dmu-sync() implementaion.

I do not understand - why in some cases with smaller block writing
block twice could be actually faster than doing it once every time?
I definitely am missing something here...

NP> Feel free to experiment with the dynamically changable tunable:
NP> ssize_t zfs_immediate_write_sz = 32768;

I will :)

By dynamic you mean it works right a way without any need to
umount/mount and export/import?

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]