Just wanted to point this out --

I have a large web tree that used to have UFS user quotas on it.  I converted
to ZFS using
the model that each user has their own ZFS filesystem quota instead.  I worked
around some
NFS/automounter issues, and it now seems to be working fine.

Except now I have to move it to another server.   The problem is that there
doesn't appear
to be any recursive dump/restore command that lets me do this easily.  'zfs
send' and 'zfs receive'
only appear to work within filesystem boundaries.

What I want to do is move all of zfspool/www from server A to server B.

Each user filesystem underneath zfspool/www:

 zfspool/www/user-joe
 zfspool/www/user-john
 zfspool/www/user-mary

...has a unique quota assigned to it.

There doesn't appear to be a way to move zfspool/www and its decendants en
masse to
a new machine with those quotas intact.  I have to script the recreation of all
of the
descendant filesystems by hand.

I can move the *data* with tar or rsync easily enough, but it seems silly that
I have to recreate
all the descendant filesystems and their characteristics by hand.

I know the "comprehensive dump" subject has been brought up before... I'd like
to reiterate a suggestion that it'd be nice if the various commands (zfs
send/receive, zfs snapshot) could optionally include a filesystem's
descendants.  If zfs send could do this and included the filesystem quotas, it
might solve this issue.

Or maybe I'm missing something?