What about the Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe motherboard?  It has 7 SATA ports,
supports ECC memory, socket AM2, generally looks very attractive for
my home storage server.  Except that it, and the nvidia nForce 570-SLI
it's built on, don't seem to be on the HCL.  I'm hoping that's just
"yet", not reported yet.  Anybody run Solaris on it?  Or at least on
any nForce 570-SLI board?  Would you risk buying it to find out
yourself?

I've heard rumors of ZFS in one of the more obscure Linuxes, perhaps
Ubuntu; I suppose that could be a backup plan if I try and Solaris
doesn't work.

I have the general feeling that Linux runs on anything I can buy
today, pretty much, since I've been using it for over a decade and am
somewhat plugged into the community.  I don't yet have the impression
that Solaris runs on most anything, possibly after tracking down a few
drivers.  Does it, really?  Should I be not worrying about this so
much?
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>