Brian Hechinger wrote:
On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 02:26:24PM -0600, Lori Alt wrote:

What about Express?

Probably not any time soon.  If it makes U4,
I think that would make it available in Express late
this year.

Is there a specific Nevada build you are going to target?  I'd love to
start testing this as soon as possible.  I have both SPARC and x86 here
to play with.

You need more than a Nevada build.  You also need the
installation code.  We're working on an OpenSolaris
community web page for zfs-boot.  On that web page
will be links to files that can be downloaded for
putting together a netinstall image or a DVD for
installing a system with a zfs root file system.
We hope to have that available in the next few weeks.

lori

That being said, I'm (hopefuly safely) assuming that if this makes it
into Update 4 it will include support for zfs-root/install on SPARC as
well as x86?

We expect to release SPARC support at the same time as x86.

Most excellent.

-brian