I believe this is what you're hitting:

6456888 zpool attach leads to memory exhaustion and system hang

We are currently looking at fixing this so stay tuned.

Thanks,
George

Daniel Rock wrote:
Joseph Mocker schrieb:
Today I attempted to upgrade to S10_U2 and migrate some mirrored UFS SVM partitions to ZFS.

I used Live Upgrade to migrate from U1 to U2 and that went without a hitch on my SunBlade 2000. And the initial conversion of one side of the UFS mirrors to a ZFS pool and subsequent data migration went fine. However, when I attempted to attach the second side mirrors as a mirror of the ZFS pool, all hell broke loose.

9. attach the partition to the pool as a mirror
  zpool attach storage cXtXdXs4 cYtYdYs4

A few minutes after issuing the command the system became unresponsive as described above.

Same here. I also did upgrade to S10_U2, and converted my non-root md
similar like you. Everything went fine until the "zpool attach". The system
seemed to be hanging for at least 2-3 minutes. Then I could type something
again. "top" then showed 98% system time.

This was on a SunBlade 1000 with 2 x 750MHz CPUs. The zpool/zfs was created with checksum=sha256.

Daniel