On 8/15/06, Kevin Maguire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi

Is the following an accurate sstatment of the current status with (for me) the
3 main commercial ackup software solutions out there

It seems to me that if zfs send/receive where hooked in with ndmp
(http://ndmp.org), that zfs would very quickly have pretty broad
backup support.  This could provide a distributed, authenticated
transport for replicating file systems using ndmpcopy or some of the
snap* enhancements to ndmp offered up by Netapp.

But then again, I haven't followed the world of NDMP lately, and the
efforts at turning the various NDMP Internet drafts into RFC's seems
to be stalled.  A quick search of existing Open Source NDMP
implementations doesn't turn up much.  Do others on the list have more
insight into whether this has been considered?

Mike

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/