IHAC that is asking the following. any thoughts would be appreciated

Take two drives, zpool to make a mirror.
Remove a drive - and the server HANGS. Power off and reboot the server,
and everything comes up cleanly.

Take the same two drives (still Solaris 10). Install Veritas Volume
Manager (4.1). Mirror the two drives. Remove a drive - everything is
still running. Replace the drive, everything still working. No outage.

So the big questions to Tech support:
1. Is this a "known property" of ZFS ? That when a drive from a hot swap
system is removed the server hangs ? (We were attempting to simulate a
drive failure)
2. Or is this just because it was an E450 ? Ie, would removing a zfs
mirror disk (unexpected hardware removal as opposed to using zfs to
remove the disk) on a V240 or V480 cause the same problem ?
3. What could we expect if a drive "mysteriously failed" during
operation of a server with a zfs mirror ? Would the server hang like it
did during testing ? How can we test this ?
4. If it is a "known property" of zfs, is there a date when it is
expected to be fixed (if ever) ?

Peter

PS: I may not be on this alias so please respond to me directly
         ______
        /_____/\
       /_____\\ \            Peter Wilk -  OS/Security Support
      /_____\ \\ /           Sun Microsystems