I have a jumpstart server where the install images are on a ZFS pool. For PXE boot, several lofs mounts are created and configured in /etc/vfstab. My system does not boot properly anymore because the mounts referring to jumstart files haven't been mounted yet via ZFS.

What is the best way of working around this? Can I just create the necessary mounts of pool1/jumpstart in /etc/vfstab, or is ZFS just not running yet when these mounts get attempted?

A lot of network services, including ssh, are not running because fs-local did not come up clean.

Is this a know problem that is being addressed? This is S10 6/06.

Thanks
Steffen

# cat /etc/vfstab
/export/jumpstart/s10/x86/boot - /tftpboot/I86PC.Solaris_10-1 lofs - yes ro /export/jumpstart/nv/x86/latest/boot - /tftpboot/I86PC.Solaris_11-1 lofs - yes ro /export/jumpstart/s10u3/x86/latest/boot - /tftpboot/I86PC.Solaris_10-2 lofs - yes ro

# zfs get all pool1/jumpstart
NAME             PROPERTY       VALUE                      SOURCE
pool1/jumpstart  type           filesystem                 -
pool1/jumpstart  creation       Mon Jun 12  8:26 2006      -
pool1/jumpstart  used           39.9G                      -
pool1/jumpstart  available      17.7G                      -
pool1/jumpstart  referenced     39.9G                      -
pool1/jumpstart  compressratio  1.00x                      -
pool1/jumpstart  mounted        yes                        -
pool1/jumpstart  quota          none                       default
pool1/jumpstart  reservation    none                       default
pool1/jumpstart  recordsize     128K                       default
pool1/jumpstart  mountpoint     /export/jumpstart          local
pool1/jumpstart  sharenfs       ro,anon=0                  local
pool1/jumpstart  checksum       on                         default
pool1/jumpstart  compression    off                        default
pool1/jumpstart  atime          on                         default
pool1/jumpstart  devices        on                         default
pool1/jumpstart  exec           on                         default
pool1/jumpstart  setuid         on                         default
pool1/jumpstart  readonly       off                        default
pool1/jumpstart  zoned          off                        default
pool1/jumpstart  snapdir        hidden                     default
pool1/jumpstart  aclmode        groupmask                  default
pool1/jumpstart  aclinherit     secure                     default