rbourbon  writes:
> I don't think it was the point of the post. I've read
> it to mean that some customers because of outside
> consideration from ZFS have some need to use storage array in ways
> that may not allow ZFS to develop it's full potential.

I've been following this thread because we have redundant load balanced
servers, SAN and replication to a disaster recovery site 800 miles away. We
will probably not be able to use ZFS to it's full potential (especially for
replication) however it does solve our iNode depletion problem and eliminates
middleware. Not trying to hijack the thread, just trying to learn from others
experience before I commit.

> Are you going to grow to 24TB using a few writes per
> second ?
Actually 24Tb (8Tb growth from current capacity) is the low end projection.
60 sec * 60 min * 24 hours * 365 days = 31,536,000 new files/year * 3 yrs till
the next technology refresh/upgrade.