On 13/09/06, Matthew Ahrens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dick Davies wrote:

> But they raise a lot of administrative issues

Sure, especially if you choose to change the copies property on an
existing filesystem.  However, if you only set it at filesystem creation
time (which is the recommended way), then it's pretty easy to address
your issues:

You're right, that would prevent getting into some nasty messes (I see
this as closer to encryption than compression in that respect).

I still feel we'd be doing the same job in several places.
But I'm sure anyone who cares has a pretty good idea of my opinion,
so I'll shut up now :)

Thanks for taking the time to feedback on the feedback.

http://number9.hellooperator.net/