> I believe I am experiencing a similar, but more
> severe issue and I do
> not know how to resolve it. I used liveupgrade from
> s10u2 to NV b46
> (via solaris express release). My second disk is zfs
> with the file
> system fitz. I did a 'zpool export fitz'
>
> Reboot with init 6 into new environment, NV b46, I
> get the following
> error:
> cannot mount '/fitz' : directory is not empty
> svc:/system/filesystem/local:default: WARNING:
> /usr/sbin/zfs mount -a
> failed: exit status 1
> svc.startd[7]: svc:/system/filesystem/local:default:
> Method
> "/lib/svc/method/fs-local" failed with exit status
> 95.
>
> zfs list = nothing listed.
>
> There is already a /fitz directory filled with the
> zpool fitz files on
> mounted. Since filesystem/local svc won't start, I
> cannot start X,
> which is critical to using the computer. I now see
> that there was no
> real need to export the pool fitz and that I should
> have just imported
> it once in the new BE. How can I now solve this
> issue? (BTW, attempting
> to boot back into s10u2, the original BE, results in
> a kernel panic, so
> I cannot go back).

Aric,

It sounds like you can resolve this issue by simply booting into the new BE and
deleting the /fitz directory and then rebooting and going back into the new BE.
I say this because from your message it sounds like the data from your zfs
filesystem in /fitz was copied to /fitz in the new BE (instead of just being
mounted in the new BE). BEFORE DELETING ANYTHING, please make sure /fitz is not
a zfs mount and just a plain directory and therefore just a copy of what is in
your zpool. Be careful, I don't want you to lose any data.

Also, what does "zpool list" report?

Lastly, ZFS people might be interested in the panic message you get when you
boot back into Solaris 10.

Haik