On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Arlina Goce-Capiral wrote:

> All,
>

> Customer would like to confirm this if this is supported or not.
>
> =================
> I've created non global zones with ZFS underneath the root filesystem
> for a new SAP
> environment that's approaching production next week.  Then I read that
> its not supported,
> but many people in the discussions boards and in google searches are
> doing it.
> Would like to know the truth, and if I need to back it out, how.
> =================

Its not supported.  Applying patches will cause major breakage.  It's not
upgradable to Update 3.  And there may be other issues with it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "back it out".  You'll have to re-create the
zone, re-install the DB and migrate the data over to it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Regards,

Al Hopper  Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           Voice: 972.379.2133 Fax: 972.379.2134  Timezone: US CDT
OpenSolaris.Org Community Advisory Board (CAB) Member - Apr 2005
                OpenSolaris Governing Board (OGB) Member - Feb 2006