Folks,

We are in the process of purchasing new san/s that our mail server runs on (JES3). We have moved our mailstores to zfs and continue to have checksum errors -- they are corrected but this improves on the ufs inode errors that require system shutdown and fsck.

So, I am recommending that we buy small jbods, do raidz2 and let zfs handle the raiding of these boxes. As we need more storage, we can add boxes and place them in a pool. This would allow more controllers and move spindles which I would think would add reliability and performance. I am thinking SATA II drives.

Any recommendations and/or advice is welcome.

thanks,

keith