Ewen Chan wrote:
(with help from Robert)

Yes, there are files.

# pwd
/var/crash/FILESERVER
# ls -F
bounds    unix.0    unix.1     vmcore.0     vmcore.1
# mdb 0
sctp usba fctl nca lofs random zfs nfs sppp ptm cpc fcip ]
::status
debugging crash dump vmcore.0 (64-bit) from unknown
operating system: 5.10 Generic_118855-14 (i85pc)
panic message:
assertion failed: 0 == dmu_buf_hold_array(os, object, offset, size, FALSE, FTAG,
&numbufs, &dbp), file : ../../common/fs/zfs/dmu.c, line: 366
dump content: kernel pages only
::stack
vpanic()
0xfffffffffb9ad0f3()
dmu_write+0x127()
space_map_sync+0x1ee()
metaslab_sync+0xfa()
vdev_sync+0x50()
spa_sync+0x10e()
txg_sync_thread+0x115()

As I've mentioned, my best guess is that something went wrong with your hardware. If you'd like, I could perform some more investigation if you can provide me with ssh access to a root account on your machine. Send username/password to me off-list.

--matt