Hi everyone,

I have a very strange problem. I've written a simple script that uses
zfs send/recv to send a filesystem between two hosts using ssh. Works
like a charm - most of the time. As you know we need a two snapshots
when we do a incremental send. But the problem is something is
touching my filesystems on the receiving side so they are no longer
identical. I'm doing a rollback and a couple of seconds later they are
different again. This has happened on a number of machines but not
always.

Real example

# zfs list -r data/appservers/appsvr2-zone
NAME                   USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
data/appservers/appsvr2-zone  11.7G  77.1G  11.7G
/data/appservers/appsvr2-zonedata/appservers/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 100K      -  11.7G  -
# zfs rollback data/appservers/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
# zfs list -r data/appservers/appsvr2-zone
NAME                   USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
data/appservers/appsvr2-zone  11.7G  77.1G  11.7G
/data/appservers/appsvr2-zonedata/appservers/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    0      -  11.7G  -

... then wait a couple of seconds

# zfs list -r data/appservers/appsvr2-zone
NAME                   USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
data/appservers/appsvr2-zone  11.7G  77.1G  11.7G
/data/appservers/appsvr2-zonedata/appservers/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 100K      -  11.7G  -

As you can see the snapshot is no longer identical to the filesystem
and I can't see anything touching the filesystem.

My workaround for this problem right now is to do a zfs umount before
I do the rollback and then I do zfs send/recv. The only problem is
once the changes are received zfs is mounting the filesystem again (I
assume this is a bug).

I'm running this on Solaris 10u2 sparc but I've seen this on x86 as well.

Does anyone have any pointers, ideas, suggestions?

Regards,
Nickus