On Oct 22, 2006, at 9:57 PM, Al Hopper wrote:

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006, Stephen Le wrote:

Is it possible to construct a RAID-10 array with ZFS? I've read through
the ZFS documentation, and it appears that the only way to create a
RAID-10 array would be to create two mirrored (RAID-1) emulated volumes
in ZFS and combine those to create the outer RAID-0 volume.

Am I approaching this in the wrong way? Should I be using SVM to create my RAID-1 volumes and then create a ZFS filesystem from those volumes?

No - don't do that.  Here is a ZFS version of a RAID 10 config with 4
disks:

<snip>

To further agree with/illustrate Al's point, here's an example of 'zpool status' output which reflects this type of configuration:

(Note that there is one mirror set for each pair of drives. In this case, drive 1 on crontroller 3 is mirrored to drive 1 on controller 4, and so on. This will ensure continuity should one controller/buss/ cable fail.)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]>zpool status
  pool: data
state: ONLINE
scrub: none requested