On October 24, 2006 3:31:41 PM -0400 Dale Ghent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Oct 24, 2006, at 3:23 PM, Frank Cusack wrote:

<http://blogs.sun.com/roch/entry/when_to_and_not_to> says a raid-z
vdev has the read throughput of 1 drive for random reads.  Compared
to #drives for a stripe.  That's pretty significant.

Okay, then if the person can stand to lose even more space, do zfs
mirroring on each JBOD. Then we'd have a mirror of mirrors instead of  a
mirror of raidz's.

Remember, the OP wanted chassis-level redundancy as well as  redundancy
within the domain of each chassis. You can't do that now  with ZFS unless
you combine ZFS with SVM.

I don't think we know what the OP wanted. :-)

-frank