Chris Gerhard wrote:
Mark Shellenbaum wrote:
Chris Gerhard wrote:
I'm trying to create a directory hierarchy that when ever a file is created it is created mode 664 with directories 775.

Now I can do this with chmod to create the ACL on UFS and it behaves as expected howerver on ZFS it does not.

So what exactly are you trying to accomplish by doing this?

I want a file system that is shared by the group. Everything in the file
system writable by the group no matter what the umask.

The simplest way to do something like that would be:

# zfs create pool/fs
# chmod A+group:<whatever>:<perms desired>:fd:allow pool/fs

Now every file/dir that is created under pool/fs will have an ACE prepended for the specific group. To get more power out of this you may want to toggle the aclmode property to "passthrough" to prevent future chmod's from disabling various permissions.

  -Mark