Richard Elling - PAE wrote:

Is anyone actually booting ZFS in production and, if so, would you recommend this approach?

At this time, I would not recommend it for SPARC systems.
I'll note that I've been using S10U2 on a similar system (two drives) with slices. I currently have S10U2 with space for doing a live upgrade when I decide to absorb an update. Then I have other slices on the drives I've turned into a mirrored zfs pool. I use the UFS with Solaris Volume Manager Mirroring for the global zone (yes, inferior to ZFS technically, but has been in production on systems for over a decade, so well understood if I get into trouble), but put all of the production workload on zones (on zfs filesystems) and datasets delegated to the zones from there.

I've not had any failures yet, but I've had all of the zfs functionality (snapshots/compression mainly) I need along with something reliable.

- Matt

--
Matt Ingenthron - Web Infrastructure Solutions Architect
Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Client Solutions, Systems Practice