Some details on what a long time is might be of help to us...

Also - Some details on what type of hardware you are using...

There are a number of known issues, as well as a number of known
physical limitations that might get in your way. (eg: using multiple
slices of the same disk in the same pool... ;)

Perhaps if you could include as much detail as possible, we might be
able to help a little more...

Don't forget to include what your expectations were for the time of the
copy (ans the basis of those expectations!), versus reality...

Some vmstat output, iostat -x output would also be helpful...

Cheers,

Nathan.