6140: 2 x 2GB cache controllers - 4Gbit FC, 16 x 4Gbit 146GB FC 15K spindles

Unfortunately I don't have a 4Gbit HBA or multiple 2Gbit cards, since the above 6140 must be one of the fastest "building" blocks available. I would have loved to see (using multiple HBA's) how much IO's one could get from it.

I am looking for some answers on RAID-5 performance (hardware) utilizing different number of spindles. Also pure performance when it comes to RAID-0,1 and 10 ... UFS vs ZFS on these RAID setups _and_ zfs controlling single (or striped) hardware luns.

I havent spend much time with filebench, but I will try to stick to what I've seen at clients ito db sizes, users, type of app, etc.