> > Yuen L. Lee wrote:
> opensolaris could be a nice NAS filer. I posted
> my question on "How to build a NAS box" asking for
> instructions on how to build a Solaris NAS box.
> It looks like everyone is busy. I haven't got any
> response yet. By any chance, do you have any

Hi Yuen

May I suggest that a better question would have been "How to build a minimal
Nevada distribution ?". I'm sure it would have gotten more responses as it is
both - a more general, and a more relevent question.

Apart from that unasked advice, If my memory serves right the Belenix folks
(Moinak and gang) were discussing a similar thing in a thread sometime back...
chasing them might be a good idea ;-)

I found some articles on net on how to build minimal image of solaris with
networking. Packages relating to storage (zfs, iSCSI etc) can be added to it
later. The minimal system with required components, sure, is heavy - about
200MB... but shouldn't be an issue for a *NAS* box. I googled "Minimal solaris
configuration" and found several articles.

Hope that helps
- Akhilesh