On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 10:21, Richard Elling - PAE wrote:
> > One way to populate
> > an ABE is to mirror slices.  However, you cannot mirror between a
> > device that starts at cylinder 0 and one that does not.
>
> Where is this restriction documented?  It doesn't make sense to me.
> Maybe you have a scar from running Sybase in a previous life? ;-)

IIRC, that's a part of the history of disksuite / SVM. Moreover, it was
that you cannot mirror a slice that has a VTOC label on it to one that
does not... (hence the understanding of it being a cylinder 0 issue).

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/uts/common/io/lvm/mirror/mirror_ioctl.c#887

Or, perhaps I need more coffee...

Cheers!

Nathan. ;)