Hello Rainer,

Saturday, November 11, 2006, 2:27:46 AM, you wrote:

RH> So, from the deafening silence, am I to assume there's no way to
RH> tell ZFS that the EIDE drive was a zpool, and pull it into a new
RH> pool in a manner that I can (once again) see the data that's on the drive?
:-(

Right now there's no such method - at least not out of the box.
(not that I'm suggesting you can do it easily manually).

However after detaching sub-mirror I think it would be useful to be
able to import it as separate pool - as many people do with SVM.

I haven't check a code so I don't know how hard would it be to
implement it. I wanted to look for it for months now but had no
time.

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]