On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 16:08 -0800, Fred Zlotnick wrote:
> I'm curious to hear of any migration success stories - or not - that
> folks on this alias have experienced.  You can send them to me and
> I'll summarize to the alias.

I sent one to this list some months ago.

To recap, I used a variant of case 2: When I set up the original SVM+UFS
filesystem, I knew a zfs migration was coming so I held back sufficient
storage to permit me to create the first raidz group.

rsync worked nicely to copy the bits.  once the move was complete, the
SVM+UFS filesystem was taken apart and the underlying disks added to the
pool.

It took a few months before usage levelled out between the first raidz
group and the ones added later.

                                                - Bill