Erast Benson wrote:
On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 09:46 +0000, Darren J Moffat wrote:
Lori Alt wrote:
Latest plan is to release zfs boot with U5. It definitely isn't going to make U4.
We have new prototype bits, but they haven't been putback yet.  There are
a  number of design decisions that have hinged on syncing up our strategy
with other projects, or allowing some other projects to "gel".  Main
dependencies:  Xen, some sparc boot changes, and zones upgrade.  It's
coming together and I hope we can have some new bits putback shortly
after the first of the year.
Any chance of you setting up a repository on OpenSolaris.org with the prototype bits in source so that people can build them and test them out ?

For some of us the most interesting part of this is the bits in ON not the installer bits - particularly those people interested in building their own distros of OpenSolaris.

+1

SchiliX, BeleniX, Nexenta, Martux have their own installers and boot
environments anyways, so would be *really* nice if you guys could open
up zfs root ON bits.

OK, got the message.  We'll work on making the ON bits available ASAP.
The soonest we could putback is build 56, which should become available
to the OpenSolaris community in late January.  (Note that I'm not saying
that we WILL putback into build 56 because I won't know that until
I have approval to do so, but that's the soonest we could do it, given
restrictions on the earlier builds.)

Lori