Hello,

Sorry if my question is a newbie question, but I am not an administrator
familiar with storage, I am just curious about ZFS. I tried to look for an
answer in the ZFS documentation and the mailing list, but I found nothing
obvious.
Can you tell me what happens when an additional device is attached to a mirror
? Does ZFS starts replicating the data on it ? Is it delayed ? What's the
strategy ? The same question occurs when putting a part of a mirror offline.
When it comes back online, how is the data checked for out-of-date parts ?
ZFS is totally new for me, and I find it very insteresting to understand what
it implies.

Regards,

Pierre Chatelier