Hi Darren

  Thanks for your reply.

  You please take a  deep look into the following command:

  $mkfs -F vxfs -o bsize=1024 /dev/rdsk/c5t20d9s2 2048000

  The above command creates vxfs file system on first 2048000 blocks (each
block size is 1024 bytes)  of  /dev/rdsk/c5t20d9s2 .

  Like this is there a option to limit the size of ZFS file system.? if so what
it is ? how it is ?

  Your help is appreciated.

  Thanks & Regards
  Masthan

Darren Dunham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  > Hi All,
>
> Assume the device c0t0d0 size is 100000 KB.
> I created ZFS file system on this
> $ zpool create -f mypool c0t0d0s2

This creates a pool on the entire slice.

> and to limit the size of ZFS file system I used quota property.
>
> $ zfs set quota = 5000K mypool

Note that this sets a quota only on the default filesystem that was
created along with the zpool. There may be other filesystems created on
the pool with different quotas. You are not setting a quota on the pool
itself.

> Which 5000 K bytes are belongs (or reserved) to mypool first 5000KB
> or last 5000KB or random ?

All blocks belong to the pool. The /mypool filesystem may be allocated
any particular space there depending on other filesystems and layout.
Attempts to allocate space greater than 5000K will fail.

> UFS and VxFS file systems have options to limit the size of file
> system on the device (E.g. We can limit the size offrom 1 block to
> some nth block . Like this is there any sub command to limit the
> size of ZFS file system from 1 block to some n th block ?

I'm not sure what you're saying here. UFS and VxFS normally take the
entire space of a disk slice or volume. The pool creation does the same
thing.

Can you clarify what you mean by limiting the size of UFS or VxVS?

--
Darren Dunham [EMAIL PROTECTED]