On 12/21/06, Al Hopper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Joe Little wrote:

> and specific models, and the driver used? Looks like there may be
> stability issues with the marvell, which appear to go unanswered..

I've tested a box running two Marvell based 8-port controllers (which has
been running great on Update 2) on the solaris Update 3 beta without
issues.  The specific card is the newer version of the SuperMicro board:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/AoC-SAT2

but have yet to test them under the released Update 3 code.  I'll post a
followup after the box is upgraded or re-installed.  [I'm waiting for the
next 48-hour day so that I can do the upgrade without affecting the user
community!!]

AFAIR the reported Marvell issues were with ON B54 - not Update 3.  Or do
I have this wrong?

Yes, this is all OpenSolaris based, so the areca seems to be for
Solaris 10 proper and the marvell may have issues at least at B54.

In any case, if you discover a bug with the Sun proprietary Marvell driver
and Update 3 and you have a support contract, you can log a service
request and get it fixed.  Since the Marvell chipset is used in Thumper,
I think its a pretty safe bet that the Marvell driver will continue to
work very nicely (Thanks Lori).

And yes, I would feel better if this driver was open sourced.... but that
is Suns' decision to make.

Regards,

Al Hopper  Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX.  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           Voice: 972.379.2133 Fax: 972.379.2134  Timezone: US CDT
OpenSolaris.Org Community Advisory Board (CAB) Member - Apr 2005
             OpenSolaris Governing Board (OGB) Member - Feb 2006