Hi,

> Monday, January 15, 2007, 10:44:49 AM, you wrote:
> PM> Since they have installed a second path to our Hitachi SAN, my
> PM> Mac OS X Server 4.8 mounts every SAN disk twice.
> PM> I asked everywhere, if there's a way, to correct that. And the
> PM> only answer so far was, that I need a volume manager, that can be
> PM> configured to consider two volumes as being identical.
> PM> Now that Mac OS X Leopard supports ZFS, could using ZFS be the
> PM> solution for this problem? If yes, how could I achieve this?
>
> 1. I don't know what kind of file system you already
> have on those
> disks but if you really mounted them twice you could
> have already
> corrupt those file systems

I have now de-connected one cable.      :-8

> 2. I believe it's definitely possible to just correct
> your config under
> Mac OS without any need to use other fs or volume
> manager,

Apart from the proposition about using a special type of switch, I would be
very interested in any information you have. So far not our SAN expert, nor our
Mac expert, nor the very expensive Apple Server support we have, could help us.

> however
> going to zfs could be a good idea anyway

I think so too. I just have to wait until Leopard.

> 3. if you put those disks under ZFS it should just
> work despite of
> having second path

So you would propose, to just add one of

        /dev/disk4s10
        /dev/disk5s10

into the ZFS pool?
Is there no way, to explain ZFS, that both of these disks are identical
(probably not clones), so that one could profit from the path redundancy?

Thanks
Phil