>We had a 2TB filesystem. No matter what options I set explicitly, the
>UFS filesystem kept getting written with a 1 million file limit.
>Believe me, I tried a lot of options, and they kept getting se t back
>on me.

The limit is documented as "1 million inodes per TB".  So something
must not have gone right.  But many people have complained and
you could take the newfs source and fix the limitation.

The discontinuity when going from <1TB to over 1TB is appaling.
(<1TB allows for 137million inodes; >= 1TB allows for 1million per).

The rationale is fsck time (but logging is forced anyway)

The 1 million limit is arbitrary and too low...

Casper