> On 15/01/07, Rick McNeal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 15, 2007, at 8:34 AM, Dick Davies wrote:

> For the record, the reason I asked was we have an iscsi target host
> with
> 2 NICs and for some reason clients were attempting to connect to
> the targets
> on  the private interface instead of the one they were doing
> discovery on
> (which I thought was a bit odd).

This is due to a bug in the initiator. A prior change caused the
discovery list, as returned from the SendTargets request, to be
sorted in reverse order. The Solaris target goes out of it's way to
return the address used to discover targets as the first address in
the list of available IP addresses for any given target. So, if you
had a public and private network and the discovery was done on the
public network, the public network IP address is first.

..... This is something which is being fixed now.

Great, thanks.

> I tried creating a TPGT with iscsitadm, which seemed to work:
>
> vera ~ # iscsitadm list tpgt -v
> TPGT: 1
>    IP Address: 131.251.5.8
>
> but adding a ZFS iscsi target into it gives me:
>
>  vera ~ # iscsitadm modify target -p 1 tank/iscsi/second4gb
>  iscsitadm: Error Can't call daemon
>
> which is a pity (I'm assuming it can't find the targets to modify).

This was an oversight on my part and should work.

Actually, after running

iscstadm create admin -d /somewhere

assigning both 'handmade' and 'shareiscsi=on' LUNs to a TPGT seems ok,
so presumably there just wasn't anywhere to record this information.

Thanks again for the update.

http://number9.hellooperator.net/