Frank Cusack wrote:

> thumper (x4500) seems pretty reasonable ($/GB).
>
> -frank

I am always amazed that people consider thumper to be reasonable in
price.  450% or more markup per drive from street price in July 2006
numbers doesn't seem reasonable to me, even after subtracting the cost
of the system.  I like the x4500, I wish I had one.  But, I can't pay
what Sun wants for it.  So, instead, I am stuck buying lower end Sun
systems and buying third party SCSI/SATA JBODs.  I like Sun.  I like
their products, but I can't understand their storage pricing most of the
time.

-Shannon