[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> I was talking about the huge gap in storage solutions from Sun for the
> middle-ground. While $24,000 is a wonderful deal, it's absolute overkill for
> what I'm thinking about doing. I was looking for more around 6-8 drives.

How about a Sun V40z?  It's available with up to 6 drives (300GB ea),
and a low-end configuration (cpu/ram-wise) might not be out of your
price range, depending on your discount.  There are plenty of slots
if you want to later add external enclosures, too.

Of course, Dell probably has cheaper 64-bit systems with 6 internal
drives available too.

Regards,

Marion