On Jan 25, 2007, at 14:34, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 10:16 -0500, Torrey McMahon wrote:

So there's no way to treat a 6140 as JBOD? If you wanted to use a 6140
with ZFS, and really wanted JBOD, your only choice would be a RAID 0
config on the 6140?

Why would you want to treat a 6140 like a JBOD? (See the previous
threads about JBOD vs HW RAID...)

Let's turn this around.  Assume I want a FC JBOD.  What should I get?

perhaps something coming real soon .. (stall)

---
.je

btw - I've also said you could do a FC target in a thumper a la FalconStor .. but i'm not sure if they've got that going on S10, and their target multipathing was less than stellar .. we did have a target mode driver at one point, but i
think that project got scrapped a while back.