On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 11:21:27AM +0100, Rodrigo Ler?a wrote:
> If I don't use any special ACL with Samba and ZFS, only each user can
> write and read from his home directory. I am affected with the
> incompatibility?

Samba runs as the requesting user during file access.  Because of that,
any file permissions or ACLs are respected even if Samba doesn't have
support for the ACLs.  The main thing that Samba support for ZFS ACLs
will bring is the ability to view and set the ACLs from a Windows client
and in particular through the normal Windows ACL GUI.

Ed Plese