On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 07:44:13PM -0500, Matty wrote:

> Yikes! Does anyone from the ZFS / storage team happen to know when
> work will complete to detect and replace failed disk drives? If hot
> spares don't actually kick in to replace failed drives, is there any
> value in using them?

This has been on my plate for far too long, so feel free to blame me ;-)
I have a prototype of this in a workspace, I'd expect it in Nevada
sometime in the next month or two.  Note that the initial SERD values
are going to be pulled essentially from thin air, and rather
pessimistic.  Now that we actually have the structure erepor data, we'll
be able to do some more complex analysis once we have a body of failure
data to work with.

- Eric

--
Eric Schrock, Solaris Kernel Development       http://blogs.sun.com/eschrock