On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 10:46:38PM -0800, Vikrant Kumar Choudhary wrote:
> I am using Solaris 10 and i am not a super user. How do i know which
> filesytem ,i am using. and can i use ZFS filesystem locally. I mean in
> case  my admin is not using that can i test it locally.

df(1M) and mount(1M) show the types of mounted filesystems (e.g.,
"df -n ." shows the type of filesystem that contains the shell's current
directory.)

As Dudekula points out, fstyp(1M) shows the type of filesystem contained
in a device (or file), sortof like a file(1) command specifically geared
to know only about filesystem types (and to look in devices).

As Frank points out, unless the administrator delegates some power to
you you won't be able to play with ZFS.

Nico