Hi All,

  I have a zpool (name as testpool) on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0.

  The command $zpool import testpool, imports the testpool (means mount the
testpool).

  How the import command comes to know testpool created on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0 ?

  And also the  command $zpool import, list out all the zpools which we can
import, How it list our them ?

  Please take a look into the following sequence of commands

  //Create  testpool on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0 and destroy it
  #zpool create testpool /dev/dsk/c0t0d0
  #zpool destroy testpool

  //create testpool on /dev/dsk/c0t0d1 and destroy it
  #zpool create testpool /dev/dsk/c0t0d1
  #zpool destroy testpool

  //now list out all the zpools which are destroyed
  #zpool import -D

  The above command lists two testpools one  on c0t0d0 and another on c0t0d1....

  Actually at any time we can create (import) only one pool with one name. But
the above command listing two different pools with same name. Whats wrong with
import command ?

  How a ZFS  system knows about which device belongs to which pool ?
  is Zpool import command read any info on the disk to know about to which pool
this disk belongs ?

  Your help is appreciated.

  Thanks & Regards
  -Masthan