[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 03/01/2007 10:05:44 AM:

> i am forced to reinstall s10u3 on my x4500. SP 1.1.1. exported zpool,
> and discovered during the reinstall that the controller numbers have
> changed. what used to be c5t0d0 is now c6t0d0. it it happens the exported
> zpool is using only half the disks, and has no reference to a c6t0d0, but
> still a disconcerting situation as i have no idea what the effects of
> this controller renumbering may be. i may have had a pool that had
> 5x9+1 layout, that would have used c6t0d0 and c6t4d0...

I have not tested much about it, but I believe the code around
export/import handles device name changes fine.  I seem to remember that it
scans each available disk for zfs sigs and is able to import just fine.

> puzzled  and concerned...

about the device rename?  I guess I am puzzled as well,  what did you
upgrade from S10u2 (self install or factory install)?

-Wade