On 3/19/07, Robert Milkowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello Rainer,

RH> The updated information states that the kernel setting is only
RH> for the current Nevada build. We are not going to use the kernel
RH> debugger method to change the setting on a live production system
RH> (and do this everytime we need to reboot).

All you need is to run a small script which using mdb will set it up.

I have come up with the following dtrace script.  I'm not sure that it
is gathering exactly the values that I (or you) would want, I
developed mainly as a test to see how much I really wanted to push an
RFE to get ARC stats into kstat.

#! /usr/sbin/dtrace -Cs

#pragma D option quiet

BEGIN
{
       printf(" MIN    MAX    CUR   TARGET\n");
       printf("------ ------ ------ ------\n");
}

profile:::tick-10s
{