IIRC, there is at least some of the necessary code for file change
notification present in order to support NFSv4 delegations on the server
side. Last time I looked it wasn't exposed to userspace.

On the file event monitor portion of the OP,  has Solaris added dnotify,
inotify or FAM support to the kernel or is the goal still to extend  the
ports/poll framework junk with a "file events notification facility"?  As
far as I know the file attributes do not handle file change monitoring.

http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/perf-discuss/2006-May/000540.html

Wade Stuart
Fallon Worldwide
P: 612.758.2660