Hello Matthew,

Thursday, March 29, 2007, 3:29:36 AM, you wrote:

MA> Constantin Gonzalez wrote:
>> What is the most elegant way of migrating all filesystems to the new pool,
>> including snapshots?
>>
>> Can I do a master snapshot of the whole pool, including sub-filesystems and
>> their snapshots, then send/receive them to the new pool?
>>
>> Or do I have to write a script that will individually snapshot all
>> filesystems
>> within my old pool, then run a send (-i) orgy?

MA> Unfortunately, you will need to make/find a script to do the various
MA> 'zfs send -i' to send each snapshot of each filesystem.

MA> I am working on 'zfs send -r', which will make this a snap:

MA> # zfs snapshot -r [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MA> # zfs send -r [EMAIL PROTECTED] | zfs recv ...

MA> You'll also be able to do 'zfs send -r -i @yesterday [EMAIL PROTECTED]'.

Will it work serially (one fs incremental at the time) or in parallel
or maybe it will traverse the pool in such a clever way that pool will
be scanned sequentially and if a block has to be sent it will + some
form of parallelism (read-ahead, etc.) - ok, i'm dreaming.... :))

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]