hey folks,

Lori Alt wrote:
See Tim Foster's blog for some procedures for doing
some LU-like management of bootable datasets:

http://blogs.sun.com/timf/entry/zfs_bootable_datasets_happily_rumbling

Yep - I'll be working this weekend on updating the previous
"mountrootadm.sh" script that I wrote when the previous ZFS Mountroot
(ufs boot + a quick switcheroo to zfs root) solution was being used.

 - the old version of the script is at
http://blogs.sun.com/timf/entry/zfs_mountrootadm - but don't try this
with real ZFS Bootable Datasets kids!

mountrootadm.sh simply did some messing about with clones & snapshots
of the root dataset, and did the appropriate tweaking in /etc/system
and boot_archives to make it all work.

As Lori mentioned, this won't give you LiveUpgrade, but it will allow
you to easily switch between different root datasets.

I'll send mail once I've got this done (unless anyone's already
working on this?)

Any suggestions for the name of the new script?

        cheers,
                        tim

- Lori

Ivan Wang wrote:
HI all,

Recently zfs boot is delivered in scheduled b62, so is there any words when and how may we use live upgrade with zfs root? Since I only use SXCR now and sometimes you just need to boot to older BE in case of a no-so-good build, live upgrade becomes very handy for me on that.
Cheers,
Ivan.

Tim Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc, Solaris Engineering Ops
                                  http://blogs.sun.com/timf